Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What “Turning The Hearts” Really Means - Page 2 - Meridian Magazine - LDS, Mormon and Latter-day Saint News and Views

Reaching Out with Love

Later, following the funeral, we talked about the experiences my sons had had with their G’Ma Medalou, and the tremendous sense of love they experienced as they shared their time and efforts with her. I realized that their “hearts were turned” just as hearts are turned in genealogy and temple service. And even more so, I realized that in genealogy research, as in personal relationships, when we make the sacrifice of extra efforts to search for and reach out to our ancestors with love, that Eternal answers are discovered. Too often when people come to the Family History Library or research online, they expect the Fathers, or maybe even Heavenly Father to open the books for them to the right page, so they can gather their genealogies. In reality those revelations come with great efforts, a loving heart, and meaningful prayers.

Out of the Mouths of Babes

At the funeral for my Mother, JimR’s eight year old daughter Megan (my Granddaughter and Medalou’s Great-Granddaughter), said, “I will miss Great-Grandma, but my Daddy taught me that she is in Heaven playing with my children.” What a wonderful Eternal perspective for a child to have.

Love is what it really means by “Turning the Hearts of the Children to Their Fathers.”


Meridian Magazine - What “Turning The Hearts” Really Means - Page 2 - Meridian Magazine - LDS, Mormon and Latter-day Saint News and Views

No comments:

Post a Comment