Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Non-Goals & Mantra

Tuesday, January 4, 2011


My 2011 Non-Goals

The fabulous and talented Erin of Design For Mankind has started a non-goal revolution. What are non-goals, you ask? Non-goals are things that you would like to keep doing and things you are doing well. What a great concept! At a time when we are trying to re-focus it's also important to remember what you're doing right. 

few other bloggers have joined Erin in writing their non-goals and I've been inspired to do the same. Without further ado, my non-goals for 2011.

~ Continue investing in yourself. Knowledge and experiences are definitely worth it.
~ You've relied on your faith to get you through difficult times. Never forget that.
~ Spending quality time with your Mom and brother has been a great blessing. Appreciate this time.
~ Keep traveling. It inspires you and it brings you joy. Continue to make it a priority.
~ You have cut down on Diet Coke. Drinking it primarily on Chik-fil-a days with Sarah.
~ You started a business this past year even though you were scared. Always pursue your dreams.

What are your non-goals?



By Hengki Koentjoro 

"Don't give in to your fears. If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart." 

~ Paulo Coelho

Each year, I try to make New Year's Resolutions. They typically are something like: go to the gym, travel somewhere new, organize and de-clutter, etc. I've decided this year to have a mantra instead of writing a list. I have been thinking about what direction I would like my life to go and what I want to accomplish. I have been contemplating about the subject for awhile and low and behold I found a succinct answer in none other than a Dove Promises candy. Yep, the chocoholic's fortune cookie. I need to add, I don't normally take advice from candy wrappers but sometimes there are lucky coincidences...

This year's mantra is:
"Be Fearless."

For me, it's perfect. I wouldn't say I'm a fearful person but I have to admit, I don't like failure. Who does? The key thing to note is all great things have come from people who were  courageous enough to move past their fears, act, and keep going until they succeed. I am hoping that by making this a theme for this year I can grow as a person and as an artist. I hope that everyone can have the courage to accomplish their dreams and I think that the time is now. Even if our goals are as simple as learning a new hobby, our world will be better for it. Dare to dream. Dare to become more. Dare to become the best version of you. 

What are your resolutions?

1 comments: pam@pixelimpress said... great mantra, brittany! mine for the new year is 'progress over perfection'. i can't take credit... i read it on seleta's blog. but it fits my life right now, so i'm borrowing!  pam   January 4, 2011 12:47 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment